Thursday 29 December 2011

New books and fly tying material.

As I mentioned in the previous post I bought a whole lot of fly tying material while I was in Durban over Christmas. I also bought myself three books on fly fishing.


Above some of the fly tying material I bought in Durban.


These two books I bought at a second hand bookshop/book exchange. Hardy's guide to angling Salmon & Trout. No name of publishers, date of publishing, with articles written by several authors. I suspect that it is an in house publication by Hardy Brothers of England, the rod manufactures. The second book is titled Fly Fishing, by Maurice Wiggin and first published in 1958 with a reprint in 1970. Neither of the books could be classified as collectors items, but interesting nonetheless.



The book above was a real find. Norman Maclean's A river runs through it. I've seen the movie and read a lot about what others have written about this book. Now I own my own copy. Second hand book shops are like Aladdin's cave, full of fabulous treasures.



No comments: