Wednesday 28 December 2011

Bass popper.

Bought two foam bass poppers while I was in Durban. On Old Village Road, in Hillcrest, a suburb of Durban, there is an angling shop called the Complete Angler. True to it's name it covers every aspect of angling. Rock & surf, deep see, art lure, bait fishing, etc. Most importantly it has a big section dedicated to fly fishing and fly tying, this is where I bought the poppers plus a whole stash of fly tying material and hooks, almost broke the bank. 


Well this evening the dogs forced me to go and try one out. (honest I have to be forced to go fishing :¬) ).


Below is the result. These poppers are really weedless, and I was casting right into the reeds and water grass. One such cast into some thick grass and this bass took it with meaning as it hit the water.




The popper can be seen on the fish, and the very effective weed guard can be seen.


Estimate this fish at about 1 1/2 lbs.
  

No comments: