Monday 25 June 2012

Go away bird.

This where I'm staying for the next four days. On Friday we are going to a private game reserve where my sister in - law and her husband, have a weekend cottage. I'm hoping to take a lot of game and bird photographs there.


Click to enlarge.




My sister - in - laws husband is an architect and he designed  and built this house for them about 20 years ago. This side of the house faces north so all these big windows catch the warmth from the winter sun all day long. Took this photo early in the morning.


Later on while I was sitting in the lounge of the guest wing I spotted a Loeri high up in a willow tree, this particular type of Loeri is also known as the Go away bird.




Go - away - bird, (Corythaixoides concolor).Known as the Go - away - bird, because of it's call, if you use a bit of imagination. 




Having a good stretch. These birds are listed as an endangered species.




I went outside to see if I could get a better photo, the bird, becoming aware of me turned around and I got this shot.

2 comments:

OneStonedCrow said...

Hehe - I've always got Grey Loeries hanging around my home in the North ... they're quite funny sometimes.

Jo said...

That's the first time I ever saw their house, Phil! It's beautiful! Are you on leave? Love Jo