Friday 29 June 2012

Bushveld and Nyala antelope.

Left Pretoria at 13:10 this afternoon on the N1 highway heading north, arrived at Sondela game reserve at 14:20 a distance of 100 km.




This is where I'm staying now, this part of the house faces north, on the left the main bedroom, in the middle the lounge, dining area and kitchen, all open plan. The room I'm using is just of the picture on the right. This whole side of the house is glass. This house was also designed and built by my brother in law.




The last rays of the sun catching the eaves of the roof.




Two visitors, an Nyala ewe and her lamb. These two were no more than five meters from me.




In spite of being quite tame, still alert. Baby stays very close to Mum.




Mother and daughter.

4 comments:

Joyful said...

So nice to see the wildlife and yet another beautiful building.

Mark Kautz said...

I find that if the local deer are not threatened, they will continue on their way as if you're not even there. I can stand on my porch and talk to them and they just look at me not the least bit afraid. Seems like the Mom and baby are the same way.

Mark

Kay L. Davies said...

Lovely house, and lovely animals, Phillip.
K

Jo said...

A mild winter's day to start your winter holiday! Enjoy! love Jo