Monday 30 April 2012

Reflection and blue moon.

Getting brave with my camera now taking my photos in complete manual mode. 


Click on photos to enlarge.




Blue moon. Apart from adding a little contrast to make the craters stand out more, no editing was done to this photo. That was the colour of the sky and the moon when I took the photo at about 5:10pm. When I saw it the title and tune from a Country & Western song came into my head, "Blue moon of Kentucky." Can't remember the words but the tune was there in my head. (That really shows my age).




Reflection of a cell phone tower in a pond. This tower is almost a kilometre from the pond. Did a little retouching here to get a bit more shimmer effect, the ripple was there already.



4 comments:

kare said...

It looks like you could reach right up and touch it!

Now i'm singing...
"Blue-OO Moo-OOn...." :D

Joyful said...

That is a fabulous moon photo, Phillip.

I remember that song too. Those kinds of songs were very popular with the older set when I was young.

"Blue moon of Kentucky, keep on shining
Shine on the one that's gone and left me blue
Blue moon of Kentucky, keep on shining
Shine on the one that's gone and left me blue
It was on one moonlight night
Stars shining bright
Whisper on high
Love said goodbye
Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shining
Shine on the one that's gone and left me blue"

Kay L. Davies said...

Well, I see Penny has given you the lyrics to Blue Moon of Kentucky, so I'll have to be satisfied with the lyrics to an even older song, simply called "Blue Moon"...

Blue moon, you saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

Fabulous photos, Phillip. You are really coming into your own as a photographer. Well done!
K

Jo said...

Wow, Phil, as Kay says your photography is growing in leaps and bounds. That moon shot is spectacular and I love the reflection in the dam.