Tuesday 17 April 2012

Photography experimenting.

To keep myself busy I've been experimenting with my camera, different, F stops, shutter speeds, and ISO settings. Also been using light from different angles, trying to learn which combination of the above will give the best results. I had my camera on macro mode for all these photos. For those who might be interested, here are the results.


Don't let all the technical jargon fool you into thinking that I actually know what I'm doing.


Click on photos to enlarge.




Natural light from behind and to the right.
      Aperture speed 0.6s, quiet slow.
      F stop              F8.0 very small lens opening.
      ISO setting        200 sensor sensitivity, low. 
      Focal length     4.7mm.




Light and position for this photo, same as above.
    Shutter speed 1/60s. Still very slow.
    F stop             F7.1 Very small lens opening.
    ISO                  200 Sensor sensitivity low.
    Focal length     4.7mm.
Also used flash for this photo.




Light directly from the right.
     Shutter speed  1/60s
     F stop              F8.0
     ISO                  1600 Sensor sensitivity very high. 
     Focal length     10.3mm 




Light directly from the right.
    Shutter speed.   1/60s
    F stop.               F8.0
    ISO.                    320
    Focal length.      10.3mm 


Each photo came out differently and taught my something about the creative use of light in photography.

3 comments:

kare said...

You have demonstrated:
"Seeing things in a different light"
Very Nice!

Mark Kautz said...

You know what they say: If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

Mark

Kay L. Davies said...

Good for you, Phillip, trying out all those things. I never did learn when I had the chance, and now I have trouble remembering the things I already know.
K