Monday 26 March 2012

Fish and water features; Makaranga garden lodge.

Looking through my photos I came across these I took on my last visit to Makaranga Garden Lodge on the 26th December, 2011. Makaranga has some lovely ponds, small streams and water features, and where there's water there's often fish.


Click on photos to enlarge.




Large koi, would need at least a 6 weight rod to land this one.




One of the small waterfalls and lily pond.




Bridge over calm, (not troubled) waters.




Small tilapia under a lily pad.




Side view of a small waterfall.




More tilapia.




Just love the colours.




Kept wishing I had smuggled my 3 weight in. All these fish were feeding off the surface so a dry fly would have worked nicely.
.


A school of tilapia. There are several different species of tilapia in Africa, some of which grow quite large.


.

3 comments:

OneStonedCrow said...

looks like a lovely spot ... is it close to your home?

Mark Kautz said...

And a darn good eating fish. That would be a nice place to sit and commune with nature.

Mark

spotted face said...

Those tilapia are kinda pretty.