Saturday 13 August 2011

Setting moon.

Taken at 4am Friday morning. It was freezing cold outside and my car was covered with a layer of ice.


Click on photo to enlarge.


Moon setting over the N3 highway behind my cottage, almost full moon but not quite. To the right you can see the headlights of approaching long distance trucks,this time of the morning the highway is always very busy. Long distance truck driver have a really tough job.


Why was I up so early? It takes me about two hours to really wake up, and on Fridays we have a 6am prayer meeting at our church, which I like to attend. So if I don't get up early enough I just won't make it.

3 comments:

Desiree said...

4am in midwinter! Are you out of your mind??? Nothing would persuade me to get up at that hour! Thanks for showing me what I'm missing, though ;)

Mark Kautz said...

Hi Phillip. Full moon tonight if you happen to be up. Nothing like cold, crisp air of winter.

Mark

Jo said...

Hi Phil, how well I remember getting up that early while living on my own in SA. In winter too! Dont' ask me why I cringe when the alarm goes off at 5.30 here in Kenya and we don't even have winter! Love the headlights in the photo. Blessings and love, Jo