Monday 1 October 2012

Moonlight photography.

Put my camera on a tripod last night and took some moonlight photos. Choose Tv mode where the camera chooses the shutter speed, according to the available light, iso was set on auto. 

First I turned my camera on the N3 highway.



Light streams on the N3 highway just behind the cottage. Red means most of these vehicles are heading north and only their taillights are photographed.


White, only the headlights are seen and these vehicles are heading south. 

Afterwards I started taking photos of the moon rising.


The moon hiding behind the mulberry tree.


The moon appearing above the tree.

Lastly I photographed a moonlit landscape.


Moonlit landscape, amazing how much detail one can see.

All these photos needed very long exposures so a tripod was absolutely necessary.

2 comments:

Joel said...

Lovely photos Phillip. My favourite? Number 4, with the moon appearing above the tree.

Mark Kautz said...

Nicely done Phillip. Great pictures.