Monday 22 October 2012

Evening walk.

There are some evenings when I'm just not in the mood to go for a walk, then I look at the bright eyed, expectant faces of my four dogs and I know I can't let them down. They enjoy it so much and I'm never disappointed. 

The first thing I spotted was this amaryllis lily in the distance, made a long detour over some very wet and muddy terrain to get to it. It stood out like a bright beacon in the green grass.

Click to enlarge.



Amaryllis lily's, (not really a lily) are native to South Africa but have established them selves in many other countries where similar conditions occur.


Amaryllis grow very well indoors in pots.


A heron heading home after a busy day at the office.


An eagle (?) against the clouds.


Mother goose leads her brood of seven Egyptian goslings to safety. (count carefully, there are seven).


And last but not least, this little beauty hidden in the grass. A perfect little wild flower, not much bigger than my thumb nail.

Look up, look down, look all around, God's beauty surrounds you.

3 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Good pictures all, but the amaryllis lily is beautiful.

Kay L. Davies said...

I love the Egyptian goose with her goslings, Phillip. I had to enlarge the photo and look v-e-r-y carefully to see all seven.
K

Unknown said...

ahhhhh! found the seventh! Lovely pictures, Phil - love Rose xox