Saturday 19 May 2012

Sunset silhouettes II

Went back to the spot where I took day before yesterdays sunset silhouettes, to take some more. There is a small man made hillock on top of which is the reservoir for the farms water supply. From this position one gets a clear view to the west and north west, perfect for sunset photos.


One of the things I've realised is that I need a tripod, it's impossible to keep a handheld camera steady while you try to compose a photo. So this morning the Italian Leprechaun and I are going to the big city and I'm going to buy one.


It's the Italian Leprechaun's, (aka Enrico Bucceri) 60th birthday next week so when we get back we will have an early birthday celebration.




I liked the curves of this one.




Fan against the sun, a bit like the Phoenix rising from the fire.




One of the tips I picked up from a photographic web site is to set your camera to the cloudy day setting when taking photos of sunsets, it warms the colours a bit more.




Last light,


.

No comments: