Saturday 12 October 2013

Sky scape, sunset & purple perfection.

These photos were all taken on my evening walks earlier this week.

Click to enlarge:


Cloud scape over the wheat fields. We are desperately starting to need rain, every evening we see a clouds build up only for the to disappear over night. The last two days the temperature has reached the mid 40's Celsius. Weather people predict a cold front moving in from the south tomorrow, with possible rain, and a temperature of 17 Celsius, maximum.


Sunset, the arc of the sun is moving further and further south, nice to get up in the morning and the sun is up at 5:30.


Purple perfection, I find these tiny flowers irresistible, so do bees and other insects. Enlarge the photo to see the detail in the two flowers in focus.

3 comments:

L. D. said...

They all are such wonderful shots. The flowers have a great color.

Gorges Smythe said...

Great pics, Phillip!

Kay L. Davies said...

Beautiful skies, Phillip, and I enlarged the photo of the flowers—wonderful detail.
K
The where-are-we Feedjit on your sidebar seems to think I'm from Edmonton, but it's only me, and I'm at home, near Medicine Hat in southeastern Alberta.