Thursday 27 December 2012

"Here dies another day"

Went to tease the small mouth bass in the farm dam, but ended up having the bass tease me, by slowly swimming up to my fly, give it a cursory glance and swim away with a lazy flick of the tail. At least they showed some interest.

Walking home in the gloaming I saw the moon peeping out behind some clouds. For several weeks now we've had severe thunderstorms every evening so the evening sky hasn't been visible for a while.


                Here dies another day
                During which I had eyes, ears and hands
                And the great world around me;
                And tomorrow brings another.
                Why am I allowed two?

                                                    G. K. Chesterton.


3 comments:

kare said...

Lovely... Hubs & i are going out to look at this moon now.
Blessings
~k

Kay L. Davies said...

Chesterton had it right, for sure, Phillip.
Had to laugh about you and the bass teasing one another.
Love the moon photo!
K

Pumice said...

Reminded me of the bumper sticker, "A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work."

Grace and peace.