Wednesday 25 April 2012

Sunrise.

No, I haven't stopped blogging just been busy with all sorts of other things. Among others tying some flies to use on the last few days of river and stream trout fishing in our part of the world. Trout streams close on the 1st of May and stay close until the 1st of September to allow trout to spawn undisturbed. Fortunately this coming weekend is  a long weekend so there is enough time to get some stream fishing done. For the next four months it will be still water fishing and I'm looking forward to bobbing around on a large still water in my float tube.


In the meantime I thought I would post these photos of sunrise I took on my last trip to Lotheni.


Click on photos to enlarge.




Sunrise across the Kamberg valley.




Drakensberg foothills touched by the first rays of the sun.




Shadows and light.




Rock overhang gets a soft, warm glow from the early morning light.




Stern of the "Titanic" lit by the first rays.




Early morning light through an avenue of trees.
.

2 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

So beautiful, Phillip. You are becoming quite the photographer.
And I was raised to believe fly-tying takes precedence over almost every other activity.
Thanks for sharing these gorgeous early-morning photos. I am a late-morning person myself, so seldom see the sunrise.
K

kare said...

Lovely Sunrises!
We get up early just to see our Arizona Sunrise...
Blessings
~k