Friday 27 April 2012

Sunrise, weaver birds, sparrows, Cape robin chat & Fork-tailed drongo.

All that in the title and I didn't even have to leave the house. 


Started using the new Blogger and getting used to it. 


Click on photos to enlarge.




While standing at my front door drinking my early morning coffee I noticed the light from the rising sun, shining through the autumn leaves of this tree about a hundred metres from the cottage.




After scattering bird seed as I usually do I photographed these weaver birds and sparrows having breakfast.




A group of sparrows enjoying their share.




While sitting at the window in my lounge reading I spotted this Cape Robin Chat, sitting on the edge of my braai (BBQ) stand, an old plough shear on three re-bar legs. The plough shear was filled with water and the chat felt like a bath.




Close up of the chat. The bird never had it's bath as it did not like the big, black Cyclops eye staring at it through the window.




Fork-tailed drongo, also taken while sitting in my chair at the lounge window.



2 comments:

Mark Kautz said...

Looks like Fall is Falling in SA.

Mark

Kay L. Davies said...

What fun for you, Phillip, to be able to take these photos without going outside. Wonderful!
K